+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Whoreable is an unknown quantity at this point
    KNR, the mage should have a hell of a time trying to poly your druid. Regardless of the comp the thing druids have to pay attention to most is avoiding getting CC'd. He should always be either near los or about the max range of poly, so even if the mage gets the cast in while your druids on GCD, he can still los/range to avoid it. Of course when he gets fof deeped or feared he can't avoid the poly and needs you or your DK to stop with grip/spell lock/fear or whatever u have. As a druid, the second I know that mage is going to have an opportunity to poly me and I can't shift/los it, I call out for my teammates to stop it.

As for telling who the poly is on, yes arena 1,2,3 macros make it very hard to tell if he's attempting to poly the druid or not. Eating a full 8 second poly can easily end games, especially since being in a poly makes you more vulnerable to additional cc. los'ing for a half of second while the poly cast ends or spending 1 GCD to shift it is obviously the better choice. Don't ever risk it. A lot of the skill in playing a druid is knowing when your able to run in and get clones off without getting cc'd/ switched to and raped.
    Last edited by Whoreable; 02-19-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Filovirus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by KNR View Post
    Thanks, this will definitely help. But we have the Druid version, sorry, I should have reiterated that. He tries to shift before he gets a poly off but with focus targeting it's really hard to tell who he's after. Should I try to lock it regardless? Do you have any other suggestions against these teams with the druid version shadowcleave?
    He should be able to shift Polymorphs most of the game, but spell locking them helps a lot.

Druid Shadowcleave is pretty much the same as with a paladin, but you can CC chain people really well.
    Private Lessons Available!
    Skype Contact Info: virusl0l (with a zero)

Quote Originally Posted by jives View Post
    What about scleave vs. pretty much any rogue teams (RMP/RPS/RLS mainly). It feels like with all a rogue's CDs/selfheals trying to do anything to them other than CC them is a waste of time. The amount of pressure they put out on both me and our DK also seems to be much higher then what we can do ourselves. RLS is probably the easiest of them because we can make swaps to the shammy when he's in a bad spot and normally land a kill, but still feels like an uphill fight.
    (edit to mention that the most common team we run into right now is RMP)
    We rarely kill the rogue, his partners die way faster. Shadowcleave is great at sitting on mages/priests/locks, so do that. Warlocks die really quickly to Shadowcleave, especially with a Banish on their pet (10 seconds of no soul link).

Mobster is on a distinguished road
    My dk is having a lot of trouble surviving.... with this comp. I peel like a mother fucker and he eventually just dies and we lose.. While doing less damage then me also. I try to peel with howls coe etc. but it seems like nothing works? How does you dk play in order to do damage / survive their bursts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    My dk is having a lot of trouble surviving.... with this comp. I peel like a mother fucker and he eventually just dies and we lose.. While doing less damage then me also. I try to peel with howls coe etc. but it seems like nothing works? How does you dk play in order to do damage / survive their bursts?
    He should be using between 3800 and 4100 resilience. This way it makes it really hard for another team to pressure him. We play with our DK really really far into the other team, and I spread aids across 3-4 targets. Drop fears/spell locks on DPS throughout the game, and swap your focus/cc to the healer when you're going for kills.

sprotty is on a distinguished road
    Hey Filo im currently playing the lock in my shadow cleave team and having alot of trouble with melee cleaves that tunnel me the whole game. when they do i use demon armor constantly and try kite with CoE and LoS porting. the thing is i struggle to put out any real pressure and can barely get a fear off. they just wear my healer oom eventually. what can i do to stop this from happening.
    ps. wearing 3500 resil atm still in some crafted gear

Pathogens is on a distinguished road
    Dk posting here, I had a question for all of you warlocks playing shadowcleave. My lock partner seems to have an unnaturally hard time putting out pressure when he's being trained, which is most of the time. We coordinate peels on melee, so I know there are times when he can free cast, but his damage output is extremely low. Is everyone facing similar damage problems, or is my lock doing something wrong? I know this is a vague question but I can't really describe his cast sequence or anything; I just know that he rarely hardcasts, even when I'm being trained. 2300 MMR, but tanking every time we play with our lock over our spriest. Any suggestions?

twysted is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathogens View Post
    . 2300 MMR, but tanking every time we play with our lock over our spriest. Any suggestions?
    The spriest variant is a far superior comp, but a lock should still be able to get out a lot of damage even when being trained.

Quote Originally Posted by sprotty View Post
    Hey Filo im currently playing the lock in my shadow cleave team and having alot of trouble with melee cleaves that tunnel me the whole game. when they do i use demon armor constantly and try kite with CoE and LoS porting. the thing is i struggle to put out any real pressure and can barely get a fear off. they just wear my healer oom eventually. what can i do to stop this from happening.
    ps. wearing 3500 resil atm still in some crafted gear
    Gotta use Demon Armor the entire game if they're training you. You need to rotate fears/cyclones on one DPS while going on the other one. Feel free to swap CC from one DPS to the other if your healer thinks he might get overwhelmed.

Doing pressure while being trained comes with practice. Work on your juking, and make sure to use an addon like Interrupt Bar. Try to cast UA as little as possible (refresh with Fel Flame) and use Soul Swap on cooldown.

Mobster is on a distinguished road
    1-10 against tsg they can tunnel vision any one of us the entire game and we lose the warriors are like 2 people in 1. And 95 percent of the other teams we face are double melee.

1. what's the best way to handle tsg. We usually try to train warrior but a full row if dots and dk on him dosent even force him to defensive.
    2. As a warlock once dots are applied to the targets what do you do? Spam fears? Or save fear dr when it's needed for peels or a kill? We always try to coordinate cc in the second dps but when it comes down to peel time it's on dr and we r hurting.

This is a typical game for us, subtract the jib on the healer and add the lock or DK and its the same outcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytHovsNc_VM

This is vs double melee... very similar results add in a death for any one of us 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21uBcPHP4JE

ThAnks filo
    Last edited by Mobster; 02-27-2011 at 07:02 PM.