+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First 3 4 5

airety

Re: Warlock questions?

More on above: The strength of Warlock in 3s (affliction warlocks) is the ability to push out (relatively) low damage but constant pressure on multiple targets, and the ability to CC while still putting out pressure. The warlock typically plays support to the other DPS (rogue, warrior, hunter, other caster) who capitalizes on the warlock's CC and pressure to score a kill. I would argue that while other classes can play the same role to some degree, most classes are more tilted to scoring the kill than setting up the kill the way a warlock does, with the exception of healers. The only class I can think of that plays a role similar to a Warlock in any comp is an enhance shaman in a beast cleave- the shaman drops totems, shocks the healer, bloodlusts keeps up constant pressure but the hunter is what gets the kill- the shaman alone is a nuisance only. But an enhance really on fills that role in beast cleave and maybe a few melee cleaves.

This, in my opinion, is why Warlock's can basically plopped into almost any composition you can imagine and have a serious impact on the success of it. Think about it- RLS, WLD, Shadowplay, Shadowcleave, RLD, RLP, WLP, Ele/Ua/Pally, HLD, HLP, HLS, MLS, MLD, it goes on and on- these have all been first-page top 10 comps over the past few seasons, and I'm missing about 18 other comps I'm sure. Could any other non-healer class claim that distinction? I don't think so.

BTW, the one thing you'll notice above is that there really aren't any comps where a warlock and a disc priest combine to make a strong comp- the issue is 2 AoE fears sharing DR more than anything else. I hope it's something that changes (the synergy, not necessarily the fears) in Cataclysm.

Denig

Idk if this has been asked, But what do you do against Shadowpriest in a 1 on 1 duel situation...

Filovirus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Denig
    Idk if this has been asked, But what do you do against Shadowpriest in a 1 on 1 duel situation...
    Very easy to beat. Put pet on stay away from priest. Try to devour all silences/death coils/fears from yourself. Coex kite the priest and you can then port when you run out of kiting room. This prevents him from getting fears. Use shadow ward on cooldown. Save trinket for his death coil usually. Use life drain as damage filler 100% of the time over searing pain. Spell lock a Vampiric Touch if possible. That's all there really is to it. I can make a little clip of a shadowpriest duel if people want to see that.
    Private Lessons Available!
    Skype Contact Info: virusl0l (with a zero)

Lyrix

Please make a small clip, that would be greatly appreciated Filovirus