+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Slough, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Acryllic is on a distinguished road

    Destro+Spriest


    Anyone got some tips on playing this comp to the fullest? We've been experimenting with it for a bit and managed to chain a few wins in Arena, Immolate isn't normally dispelled because if my priest's dots get dispelled, they get feared. And we can do a lot in one fear. However I sometimes feel as if I'm gimped against a DK without being able to conflag through shield. And I'm playing with imp for self dispel, because I don't want to burn her mana but maybe a purge+extra silence/interrupt might be good for me.

    PS: Damage could be better, but it's fine for getting a knockout on someone that's half hp whilst healer is full feared.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    shadw is on a distinguished road
    I would also like to know about this comp.. playing spriest/lock and am wondering what spec.. affliction single target dammage is horrible.. wondering either demo or destro for 2s.. Any ideas?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    14
    KNR is on a distinguished road
    Personally, if I had to choose between demo and destro... I'd go demo. The damage is much better imo and when you get someone in a position to burst you can use a nifty macro and knock them out in a second. Get a good fear on one, pop Meta, and make a macro that pops your on use trinket, demon soul, and fel storm and spam the damage. They won't live if you've forced any defensive cd's earlier in the match. The HoG root and axe toss come in real handy as well. Try to make a macro that will axe toss your focus target if you're close to a kill and need extra cc on the healer and your priest doesn't have a silence up or whatever. If the DK pops his shield drag him away from your port and hit it at max distance, it will give you time for ams to drop off.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    shadw is on a distinguished road
    Thanks, im going to try it, only playing at around 1700 mmr atm. But hopefully changing things up a bit will help.. i really need a spec where i can peel better from my spriest, fears get dispelled SOOO quickly in 2s. I think axe toss,hog,fear,shadowflame should all be enough to make it work. That way my priest can do massive amounts of dammage : )

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    14
    KNR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by shadw View Post
    Thanks, im going to try it, only playing at around 1700 mmr atm. But hopefully changing things up a bit will help.. i really need a spec where i can peel better from my spriest, fears get dispelled SOOO quickly in 2s. I think axe toss,hog,fear,shadowflame should all be enough to make it work. That way my priest can do massive amounts of dammage : )
    Another "trick" is to hit em with a HoG and just before the snare ends you can axe toss them. By the time the axe toss stun ends they've been in the HoG aura long enough for the root effect it grants. I haven't played it in a while so don't quote me on this but I think if they're in the aura for 3 secs it gives the root. But yea, if you're looking to be the utility guy it shouldn't be too bad. Your burst in Meta with trinkets can be pretty insane and it's very useful defense against melee. I'd be playing Demo if there was some dispel protection for sure.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    229
    Rep Power
    11
    jsethrea is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by KNR View Post
    Another "trick" is to hit em with a HoG and just before the snare ends you can axe toss them. By the time the axe toss stun ends they've been in the HoG aura long enough for the root effect it grants. I haven't played it in a while so don't quote me on this but I think if they're in the aura for 3 secs it gives the root. But yea, if you're looking to be the utility guy it shouldn't be too bad. Your burst in Meta with trinkets can be pretty insane and it's very useful defense against melee. I'd be playing Demo if there was some dispel protection for sure.
    the root is initial the stun comes after the time, and i believe it shares dr with axetoss

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    14
    KNR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jsethrea View Post
    the root is initial the stun comes after the time, and i believe it shares dr with axetoss
    I never noticed if it did or not, but yea, I would HoG then axe toss as the effect ended and as axe toss ended the aura effect would stun them again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts