+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

shkimpson

Re: DK/Holy Pally - Need General Strats, Tips, Ect.

Sorry about not replying in a while guys, just moved houses, Using a pretty Cr*p internet while my good one is being setup.

shkimpson

Mirror

Right now i am trying to find a good strat to dealing with Mirrors. Its damn hard. Obviously there are certain ways you can win.
    • Mana War
      Kill Paly
      Kill DK

Currently, I find it very hard to beat a paly in the mana war. You can't stick on them for long enough, you have no offensive dispels, and the DK can delay you long enough to allow the paly to drink. If you send your pet at them all they do is melee the pet while they wait to see if their DK will eventually need heals.

The only thing i can really recommend to beating this comp is a nice swap to the target without Sacred shield. Make use of pestilence in this fight, you can keep enough diseases rolling that the paly doesn't have time to dispel them all. When your about to begin a CC chain on the Paly, Try to use interrupt (mind freeze) as your first CC, its hard but it does work. Then Strangulate, Paly stun, Petstun. We normally save the pet stun and Deathgrip for the Aura Mastery though. If your lucky and the paly's holy shock doesn't crit you have another chance at an interrupt.

Of course sometimes we come up against teams that are undergeared and all i recommend when that happens is just tunnel a target with the occasional swap to force the SS to change targets.

Will try to find a better strat to beating this comp, if i do i will post it, just at the moment its mostly who's better geared? and/or can either team score a kill, had a couple 40+ min games where the other team left.

Nargos, Zekiel basically said it, but if you have anymore questions just ask, I G2G now as i am about to cap this crappy internet and i don't want to have to pay 10c for 1mb of downloads O.o

Lafu is an unknown quantity at this point

Go for HoJ/Strangulate/Gnaw combos on the Paladin with your Garg out. Make sure you have freedom during this time or you'll be peeled by the DK.

Watch for Divine Pleas. Try to make burst attempts when he uses Plea as it halves his healing done. If he decides to cancel it that puts you ahead in the mana game, so either way it's beneficial to you.

Obviously your peeling capability is endless so keep an eye on your Paladin and possibly use Gnaw defensively if the opposing DK gets freedom and is going hard on your Paladin.

Use focus Deathgrip, gnaw, strangulate to interrupt the Paladin's heals if you're going for a burst attempt on the DK. Make sure you bait his AMS and Ice bound fortitude before attempting this, and also try to knock off any boneshield charges he may have.

gl
    Contact Information for private lessons
    Xfire- lafu
    Skype- lafuqt
    AIM- loboniga

shkimpson

What he said...